Thursday 31 March 2016

Week 12 -- Final Week

Hello Everyone, WOW! I cannot believe this is the final week that I am collaborating with you on my journey of becoming a digital citizen. I cannot believe how fast time has flown right by us. I must say that it has definitely been great working with all of you. I hope you all the best in the future. 

Throughout this course we have been using digital technology, and encouraged to sign up for different online tools. These tools have contributed to my digital footprint in a positive. My instructions for this week were to Google myself and explain what I have found. I can tell you that a lot have changed over the past few months due this course. When I looked up my name I see some new profiles for different accounts. I see my sound cloud, Google plus, live binder, and twitter account. All of these did not show up previously to this course. I thought that this was very cool to see how much my digital footprint can grow. It was great to see that my blog post show up because they are everything I have learned about being a digital citizen.


ThinkGlink (2015) [Online Image] Retrieved from
https://www.thinglink.com/scene/695260463297986561
At the start of the course I did not feel that I had a negative digital footprints, rather just a small one. As I am sure many of you had the same feeling, I noticed that Amberley had this feeling too. I learned a component of a digital citizen is positive digital footprint and communication, which is very important. I learned that positive footprint helps me both personally and professionally. This course has allowed me to create a positive footprint with interacting with my peers on these new tools. Also, I learned that communication helps to create a positive footprint as well, since there is so many different ways to communicate with each other. I can communicate with my peers on one on one basis, small groups or large groups. However, my favorite to communicate is by using blogger because I can broadcast a message to over hundreds of people

As a digital citizen it is important to remember the responsibilities and rights that go along with this community. Hence, the citizens need to treat this community with respect, as they would in the real world. It is not right to disrespect someone, and bullying them in the real world or the digital world. So, respect other opinions and posts and ensure that your posts are respectful.

The journey of becoming a digital citizen started with learning the basics of Netiquette, learning how to interact properly online. From there I was able to from digital literacy skills and increase the quality of my digital communication through the 9 elements of a digital citizen. This website helped me to understand the 9 elements of being a digital citizen. Many of the tools we have used have been put into my PLE, and will be used in the future. I am glad I am able to now embrace the digital world for educational purpose, rather than just social purposes.

Thank you for taking this journey with me of becoming a digital citizen! I really enjoyed the past 12 weeks with everyone, good luck with finals and the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
This work by Tyra Beraty is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.