Wednesday 17 February 2016

Week 6 -- Evernote

Hello Everyone,

            Before I get started with my blog post I felt the need to share this link with everyone this week. The link is entitled 10 Simple Hacks to Land Better Grades, this link gives you tips on how to do better in college or university. I felt this tips would be helpful for all of us being midterm time. I hope this tip will help in some sort of way for midterms. If anyone has any other tips to do better in school, please leave some comments.  I hope everyone enjoyed their break and study hard for their midterms.
https://dev.evernote.com/accelerator/
This week topic is on Evernote the digital workspace and the entire great feature it has to offer. For my fellow bloggers who have never heard of Evernote, I believe that it is a great online tool to use for students. Personally, I have used Evernote many of time previously to this week, as this tools allows you collect all of your ideas in one place. Evernote allows you to put many different forms of information in one space (Hamilton, 2010). With Evernote you are able to create your own notes, add photos, web clippings, or full websites. After you add the information you want you are able to create different notebooks for different ideas or projects.  This tool allows you to hold as much information as you want, organizes the way you want, and you can even share your notebooks with others (Hamilton, 2010). One of my favorite features with this tool is the ability to tag key words in your notes, thus making it easier to search the note later on.
            I will be adding this tool to my Personal Learning Environment and Personal Learning Network because I will be using it very often.  I feel that the tool has many purposes, which means I can use for many different tasks. I will be adding this Personal Learning Environment under organizational, socialization, productivity and collaborate. The reason this tool fits into so many different categories is because it is multipurpose. It fits under the organizational category is because you are able to place all your information into different notebooks and tabs. You are able to choose if the note are order by the date or the name, being organized is very important when doing assignments. The reason it could be under socialization and collaborate is because you can share your notebook with other people, like classmates. This tool can also be under productivity because you can create projects, just like I am doing for my ADED 1P32 research project. Man is my PLE every building these past for weeks, I love it !
I love this tool because you are able to organize and I enjoy being organized, since it is so important to be organized as a university student. I will be using this tool in my university career and also future professional career as an educator. I will be using this tool for:
  •      Note taking
  •       Projects
  •       To do list
  •       Schedules
  •       Lesson plans
  •      Activity idea

What will everyone else being using Evernote for ? 


Thank you for reading!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Tyra!
    I myself will also be using Evernote for note taking and projects as well! I think this tool will be very useful when doing research projects!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Tyra,
    Thank you for sharing the link. Getting better grades is possible. Simple changes can make a big difference.

    You note "With Evernote you are able to create your own notes, add photos, web clippings, or full websites."

    Have you had a chance to include all of these items in Evernote yet? It is not required, but it is important to consider which items you have/have not leveraged and why. This may be important for your PLE.

    Great work.

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tyra,

    Great post on Evernote! I agree with everything you say, even for the PLE as mine fits under the same categories! Also I enjoyed your feedly website as its never too late to read some tips on getting better grades!

    Thanks,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons License
This work by Tyra Beraty is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.